Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I am military and have been dealing with pain from two bulging discs in my lower back since Easter.?

First it started with a numb leg with sharp shooting pains and tingling and pain, then my foot started hurting when input pressure on it, the military sent me to a neurologist that said I have meragia prosthetica which is associated with obesity (I'm 110 lbs) pregnancy and diabetes which I don't have and sent mr for an MRI. MRI showed slight bulge in l4 l5 and l5 s1 which wasn't significant enough to do anything about. Since then it's gotten so much worse my back is killing me feels like a truck has ran over me. They next sent me to pain mngmnt which said he couldn't diagnose me and that I needed a full neurological work up so I went back to base and they out in a referral to a teaching hospital which needed two weeks to decide I'f they would even take me so then I went back to dr on base and found out they denied me, so now my dr on base says he don't know what to do that I need to find a neurologist and he'd out the federal in for me. I'm at my wits end and in extreme amount of pain they won't give me any meds since I had disc fusion in dec and have been on lortab since which don't work at all and I feel like the military isn't helping me. I can barely walk can't work lost my job over this can hardly make my bills and don't know what to do! Please help! What can I do next, I'm a military dependent and I don't know where else to go went to er twice and they won't do anything either just sent me away. I just need out of pain. I can't sleep I'm starting to get ( sorry graphic) constipated now and I'm totally lost I think it's gotten worse but they won't do another MRI. Please any advise would help thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment